|What you can learn in this article: |
1. Prepare data for uploading
2. Upload CSV file
This is an advanced version of bulk lead upload. The advanced version can be used to upload WIP leads from an existing ERP/CRM. This requires 'Super' access, so is limited with respect to accessibility.
Prepare data for uploading
- In the leads tab, navigate to the 'Upload CSV button' and download sample advances leads format.
- After downloading the sample format, open the format to add leads data.
The format contain almost all the required columns to capture every detail about a lead. The important information that is needed to correctly upload any lead in the system:
1. Name, country_code, phone, email : These need to filled up according to lead data. Phone and Country_code are mandatory.
2. Channel_group, channel_source, sub_source, project_id: For filling these columns, valid list can be downloaded for reference. Refer to screenshot below on how to download these lists.
3. Lead_Status: Provide a valid lead status (Fresh, Claimed, Interested, Meeting Done, Visit Done, Final negotiation, Booking Done, Failed, Junk). Leads will not get uploaded without a valid status.
4. Agent_email: This should be a valid email of any agent already assigned in this project, if leads need to be in assigned state with a particular team member. This is not required if leads are being uploaded with Lead_Status as 'Fresh'.
Note: Rest of the columns can be used, incase more information need to be added with the lead.
Mandatory fields in CSV: name, country_code, phone.
Note: Make sure the CSV you upload is in exactly the same format as the downloaded sample. Do not change the title of each column.
Upload CSV File
In the drop-down that appears, select Upload advanced leads CSV and click on Upload File on the next screen that appears.
This opens the OS explorer where you can select the CSV file you wish to upload. Make sure the CSV file is compliant with the standard format the dashboard accepts.
While uploading the lead you need to select the assignment and project, to upload leads in the relevant project.
Click 'Continue' to start the upload process. If everything went right, you should see this message that the upload was successful and leads have been added from the CSV.
The leads should now be visible in the selected project.
A few commonly encountered errors are:
- CSV format is incompatible - mostly due to changes to the format
- Failed Assignment - due to no lead_status or incorrect lead_status.
- Incorrect project id, source, sub-source, channel- information.
- You are trying to assign leads to an agent in a project where is he not added.
When the upload wasn't successful (for one or more leads), you'll see this message:
Clicking on Download Errors will download a CSV file that has the error messages. The CSV file clearly states the error for each lead failure.
Fix the errors and attempt re-uploading the file, while removing leads that were successfully uploaded.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article